Hrithik Roshan Filmography, Wallpapers, Pictures, Photo Gallery





While the media is going crazy with how newbieSushant Singh Rajput has replaced Hrithik Roshan in Shekhar Kapur's much-delayed 'Paani', we wonder why the replacement was done in the first place. 

Not only was Shekhar Kapur keen to work with the superstar, Hrithik was also equally enthusiastic about working with the critically acclaimed director. However, a report in Mid-Day says the decision has been made because the production house was not willing to share the profit with Hrithik.

Hrithik's replacement came as a surprise to those close to him as the actor had very excitedly announced that he will be a part of the project during an international film festival earlier in the year.

Further to reports in Mid-Day, official spokespersons of the production house claim that Hrithik was never approached for the project and director Shekhar Kapur has expressed regret of not being able to work with Hrithik.

In his blog, Shekhar wrote," Which director in his right mind would ever give up a chance to work with Hrithik Roshan? He has been one of the most exciting actors in Hindi cinema for a long time. And a huge star to boot. Some years ago I predicted he would be the first Indian actor to hit Hollywood big time. Like I mean really, in the A list. I am surprised that he has not done so. Maybe Hindi films keep him too busy. Maybe he will after the next Krrish.

And years ago, as I sat down to write Paani, I had one image in mind to play the male lead - Hrithik Roshan. The character I described in the script was completely Hrithik. His manner, his inner world, his conflicts .. were all Hrithik. I sat with AR Rahman and as we composed music together, I always would ask him to imagine Hrithik.

But then the years passed. I got involved with Hollywood. Other projects ensnared me away from the project that was my deepest passion .. Paani. And as the years passed, and the script kept evolving.. changing. And Hrithik changed too. He went from being a young man uncertain of himself, a young man looking for his identity in this world, with no understanding of the power, the rebellion inside him that would change his life.....

....to what Hrithik is today. The Super Hero. The man who is the protector, the man who can take on the world single handedly. The man who knows he can take on the world single-handedly. Hrithik evolved into Krrish.

And I realised I had left it too late.....

So while I lost the chance to cast Hrithik in Paani, I hope that he would still agree to be in one of my next films. In Hollywood probably. (Excerpts from Shekhar's blog)

Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.